I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Out of Style and Not Caring

PictureWhen did prescription glass frames get so small? I had no idea.

Yesterday, I went to get fitted for a new pair of glasses and the woman who was helping me told me to look at the frames they offer and pick one I liked. She pointed me toward the men’s frames and then let me be. Frame after frame was so dinky that I just couldn’t see myself wearing them. I tried on three pair anyway and I could see around the lenses in every direction. That didn’t make any sense to me. So, I kept looking. Finally, way at the end of the display, I found frames straight out of 1984. Nice big, round ones. And I bought them. I won’t get them for a week though.

As the clerk was ringing me up, I asked her when frame styles got so small.

“Oh, my parents are old school too,” she said.

Okay, that really wasn’t my question and thanks for making me feel 96 years old. I didn’t say that, but I wanted to.

Instead I said, “I’m only in my 40s.”

“My parents are in their 70s, but I'm only about 10 years behind you.”

I didn’t understand where she was going, so I made a lame joke and walked away because sometimes it is best to walk away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...