I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Being Old and Boring

My 19-year-old niece called me yesterday afternoon to see what my plans were for the evening.

“I don’t know. I might watch some Seinfeld.”

“How boring. It’s about a bunch of old people sitting around drinking coffee in a restaurant.”

“Hey! They are about my age and that is my life.”

It’s funny how when you are nineteen you have this idea in your head that “fun” involves activity and when you are in your 40s fun means slowing down long enough to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like good coffee and good conversation.

I ended up taking my niece out to a movie, which, in a way, worked out for both of us. She got her activity and I got some conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...