I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Chili Time

Picture
As I was coming home from the dentist’s office yesterday, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some much needed items. I was also trying to figure out what I could eat with a sore mouth. Then it hit me. Chili! I love chili and it’s actually something I know how to cook. Every fall, I make a huge batch of it and freeze the leftovers. It usually makes five or six meals and I think leftover chili tastes better than it does fresh off the stove.

I like thick chili so I usually buy three pounds of hamburger (93% lean), two cans of chili beans, one onion, a can of tomato sauce, and the chili mix stuff you can buy in packages. I really wasn’t feeling all that great when I got home (my mouth hurt and I had a headache), but I made the chili anyway and it turned out well. It went down easy and it tasted pretty good—so good that I’m planning to have another bowl of it this afternoon for lunch. The rest is frozen and I’ll bust out a bowl of it when I’m watching football this fall.

I love this time of year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...