I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Fastest Rising Searches on Google in 2010

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA - JANUARY 21: A sign is posted outside of the Google headquarters January 21, 2010 in Mountain View, California. Google will report fouth quarter earnings today. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
Google released its "fastest rising searches in 2010" list over the weekend. I'm not sure why they didn't release their over all top 10 searches like Yahoo did -- maybe because "BP Oil Spill," "World Cup" and "iPhone" aren't as curious as "Chatroulette," "Friv" or "Myxer."

Here's the list:
  1. Chatroulette: I have never heard this word, so I added to the trend by googling it and I found out it is webcam/chat website that matches up random people. I don't get the allure.

  2. iPad: I get this one. iPads are popular. I don't have an iPad though and can't see myself ever getting one. And it's ironic that I'm typing this post on a netbook, given that iPads were supposed to kill off netbooks.

  3. Justin Bieber: No comment.

  4. Nicki Minaj: Added to the trend yet again since I've never heard of her. Turns out she's a hip hop artist.

  5. Friv: Never heard of this either. Now I know it's an online game, but I'm completely lost when I visit the website.

  6. Myxer: Still out of the loop. Never heard of it. A quick search says the website is "the best way to get the stuff you want onto your mobile phone." That could be useful. Will have to check it out.

  7. Katy Perry: I don't get the craze.

  8. Twitter: Ah, something I know and love. If you aren't already following me, follow along at @leewarren. As long as you aren't a bot, a spammer, or a company focused on spamming me, I'll follow back.

  9. Gamezer: Haven't heard of this until now, but I see that it's a multiplayer online game website. Looks like it could be fun.

  10. Facebook: Why are people googling Facebook? I don't get it. Why not just go to www.facebook.com?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...