I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Virtual Red Kettle

Personal fundraising widget for 2010 Red Kettle campaign
After seeing how my niece, who has Cerebral Palsy in her lower extremities, benefited from the work of a couple of charitable organizations many years ago, I told my dad it made me even more aware of the needs of charities and it made me want to do more for them.

"Never pass up the opportunity to drop something into a red kettle," he said. I think he was speaking in general terms, but I heard his message loud and clear.

With that in mind, I signed up for the Salvation Army's online Red Kettle program and set a goal of raising $150.00 this Christmas season here at Little Nuances. It seems like a lofty goal, but if one person donates $5.00 per day for the entire month of December, we'll exceed the goal.

Don't feel any pressure. Times are tough and I understand that. But if you feel like dropping a five dollar bill into the virtual red kettle, I'd appreciate it. So will the families who receive help from the Salvation Army.

UPDATE: I removed the previous graphic linking to the Red Cross because it wasn't updating as donations were made. I'll keep everyone up to date on the graphic on the top right hand side of the page. Thanks for participating. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...