I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Katrina Update

I heard from Lori Seaborg. She received the Bibles I sent and she said that they still need more because they are giving them away as fast as they receive them. So if you have any extra Bibles, click here to get her address and send them to her. Tim and Lori include a Bible in each care package they give out to Hurricane Katrina victims. While you are on the page copying down her address, you'll also see the opportunity to help in many other ways.

Tim and Lori Seaborg, who live in Alabama and endured several hurricanes themselves in recent years, have dedicated the next six months of their lives to helping the victims of Katrina. They have a new website up and running: Survived Katrina. It contains a blog that chronicles their journey, a page that tells the stories of the survivors they meet, and it has lots of photos.

I don't know Tim or Lori personally. I only know about them because of the blogosphere. What a neat thing huh? The internet gives us the chance to "meet" people we would never meet and to help hurting people that would otherwise just be a statistic we read about in the newspaper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...