I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Changing the World

Have you ever got to the point in your life where you stopped trying to single-handedly change the world? I reached it last year while I was writing on a regular basis for my previous blog that focused on culture and politics. I don't hold to a view that would be considered mainstream on either the right or the left given the current political climate (both parties look extremely similar to me).

For the record, I'm a conservative. Not a neoconservative hell-bent on empire building as so many in the GOP now advocate. Just a conservative from the Old Right school of thought. Some call us paleoconservatives and I think that label describes me well.

But I no longer want to spend large chunks of time following politics and culture and then trying to convince the entire political establishment that my view is correct. I have a life to live, a living to make, and family and friends to love. Politics are important. Vitally important. And I grieve over the condition of our culture. But nobody can live in grief mode for a sustained period of time. Not and stay mentally healthy anyway.

That's why I started this blog. I love movies, books, cats, coffee, baseball, fishing, tennis, collecting quotes, hanging out with friends, and a whole host of other things too much to allow politics to consume all of my spare time. So, on this blog, you'll see posts about anything and everything that I am passionate about (including politics). And if I write well enough to hold your interest, and spark a little conversation, then I'll be ecstatic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...