I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Mozilla Thunderbird

For the past several years, I've tried various e-mail programs, looking for one to replace Outlook Express. Outlook Express is so limited. It has no spam controls. It doesn't have the capability to color code e-mails. And it's always targeted for attack. After my version of Outlook Express became unstable a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to look for another e-mail program again.

I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird and so far I'm impressed. It has built in spam controls. I can color code the e-mail I receive (I've chosen red for the e-mail that needs quick responses). It seems stable so far. And during the install, the program imported my e-mail and my address book from Outlook Express. I was up and running in a couple of minutes. It took me a while to tweak all of the preferences (signatures, fonts, message filters, etc.), but now I have everything the way I like it and I'm thinking that I have finally found a program to replace Outlook Express.

If you're looking for a new e-mail program, give Thunderbird a shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...