I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Tidbits

I'm looking forward to bowling in the Nebraska State Bowling tournament this weekend. I've been bowling half way decent in recent weeks, but I'm sure once I get there, the shot will be so difficult that I have no idea how to overcome it. But that's okay; it's a mini-road trip and it'll be fun to get away for a while.

Ever since I saw the previews for Juno a few months ago, I've wanted to see the movie. Finally saw it the other night and wasn't all that impressed. It sort of felt like Napoleon Dynamite, Part 2 and since I didn't really understand Part 1, I was really lost in Part 2. But maybe it was just me.

Pitchers and catchers reported to Spring Training this week and the Daytona 500 is this weekend. I love this time of year!

I finished reading Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott this week and I started her follow up book, Plan B. Speaking of Plan B, it's probably an excellent name for a book given the quote I heard recently: "If you have to resort to Plan B, then Plan A probably wasn't the greatest." I have no idea who said it and I couldn't write it down because I was driving when I heard it so the quote might not be perfect, but you get the idea.

I'm sort of irritated with my laptop right now. We're still on speaking terms, but we both know how unhappy we are together. I'm sick and tired of a battery that lasts no longer than 50 minutes when I need it to last about three to four hours and I'm sure she's sick and tired of me asking her to run multiple applications at once and pushing her harder than she was designed for. I've tried to be nice. I bought her and extra gig and a half of RAM, but whoever said that RAM is a laptop's best friend probably hasn't met my laptop.

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...