I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Tidbits

As I was driving through a parking garage the other day, I slowly turned a corner and saw a familiar face--the former mayor of Omaha, Hal Daub. I did a double-take and he must have realized that I recognized him and he nodded at me. I don't know Daub. I've never even met him before.  But I've always like him. He's known for helping people. I remember listening to local radio talk show one day and a guy called in saying his car broke down the night before. He pushed his car out of the flow of traffic, which wasn't heavy since it was late, and as he was under the hood trying to figure out what might be wrong with the car, somebody pulled up behind him. It turned out to be Daub, who was the mayor at the time. He stopped to see if he could help the guy.

Today is the eighth anniversary of my dad's death. I was telling a friend over breakfast this morning that it hardly seems possible that he's been gone that long. Oddly, it's snowing as I write this. Omaha never gets snow this late in the season. The odd weather is adding to the sense that something just isn't right about this day.

This has been a crazy week for me personally. I made some business decisions that needed to be made that I didn't really want to make. I had some other things to deal with as well. But on four occasions this week I met friends and/or family over a meal and just being around people I care about helped me to deal with the other stuff. Just knowing that you aren't going life alone can make a huge difference. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...