I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wine Tasting

I saw an article in my local newspaper recently about a wine-tasting gala that was going to be held in my hometown and I really wanted to go. I had something else going that weekend and the $80.00 price tag was a little hefty in my opinion. I don't really know anything about wine except that I like it as sweet as possible. I can never see myself becoming a wine connoisseur. But the experience of wine tasting sounds like a blast.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about the adventure that Miles and Jack had in the movie Sideways as they hit one winery after another on the beautiful central coast of California. Have you ever seen the movie? I'm guessing that it helped to peak the interest of more than one person regarding wine. Once in a while, I'm also intrigued by several wine blogs that I visit: Vinography, Winery Times, Girl Meets Grape, and Fermentation. I don't really understand what I'm reading, but I read anyway.

People who are into wine seem to understand the importance of stepping off the hamster wheel of life once in a while. They pour a glass of wine and sip it while watching wildlife, or listening to good music, or sitting next to someone they love and in so doing they find snippets of peace--moments when demands aren't being made and chaos isn't reining. And who among us couldn't use more moments like those?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...