I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Best Selling Books of the Last 15 Years

USA Today released their Best Selling Books of the Last 15 Years List recently. It's fun to go through the list to see which ones you've read. It might also bum you out to realize that you haven't read all that many of them. That's what happened to me. Here are the books I've read that appear on the list:

27. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

38. Night by Elie Wiesel

53. The Testament by John Grisham

72. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

79. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

88. The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson

119. The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

139. 1984 by George Orwell

140. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

148. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

So I've read just 10 of the 150 best selling books in the past 15 years. Some of the books I would never read. Some of them I have bought but haven't read yet. And many of them I would like to read someday.

I don't feel the need to read more of the books on this list simply because they are bestsellers. Instead, I'd like to read more of them to have conversations with other people about them. I love talking about books with people. A conversation about a book that both people have read creates an instant connection.

And knowing that someone else has both read and benefited from the same book as I have makes it seem as if that person has hung out with me for a while in the deeper places of life. And I love that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...