I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

I find it ironic that on Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day, I’ll be working ten hours to try to keep pace with a writing project I’m working on that is due on Monday. But that doesn’t mean I can’t loosen up a little while I’m working, does it?

I’m a serious person by nature, but I get into my crazy moods once in a while where I’ll let my once inch high hair down. I have to know you pretty well for that to happen, but if I do watch out.

Years ago, I watched an episode of Alf with a few guy friends. Somebody came into Alf’s room and scared him and he screamed and threw a flashlight in the air. I have no idea why I found that so funny, but I completely lost it. My face turned red as the laughter continued to build. I started to lose my breath, but still the laughter came. Eventually I got it under control, at least for a minute or so, but then I’d start laughing again—almost just as hard.

My friends were starting to get concerned that I wouldn’t be able to drive home, fearing that I might be pulled over for driving under the influence of Alf. Their concerns were probably justified, but I figured out a way to keep it together long enough to get home.

So maybe I should find about twenty minutes in the middle of the day to watch an episode of Alf and then go back to work?

That might loosen me up a little.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...