I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Don't Miss Your Life

The older I get, the more I am drawn to country music. I love the stories and the messages. Phil Vassar's "Don't Miss Your Life" is a great example. The song is changing people. Here's what a few have said about it on Twitter recently:
@aFIOrini13: "Don't miss your life" by Phil Vassar really changed my whole perspective on life. The smallest things in life are the most valuable.
I love that sentiment. It's the reason I started this blog.
@WorleyFbabyy: Every time I hear "Don't miss your life" I think about how much I miss out on because I work so much. is the money worth it?
I feel for her. All of us need to work, but this song is prompting people to wonder how they can do a better job of balancing work with family. 

And then there are these heartbreaking words (read the hashtags):
@Jackie_Corco: Don't miss your life by phil vassar makes me cry hysterically...just chillin in the backseat sobbing.. #remindsmeofmydad #youmissedmylife
#youmissedmylife is the saddest thing I've read in quite a while. 

If you haven't seen the video, I advise that you watch it alone because you are probably going to cry:



But, as Vassar says in this video interview about the song, the beautiful thing about the message is, it is not too late. He says he hears from children who tell him they asked their dad to listen to the song and now he comes to all their games or cheerleading events.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...