I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Tidbits

  • Eleven days until Christmas and I still haven't started my shopping yet. But I'm not panicked. Talk to me next Friday about panic.
  • My mom's new cat, Clanci, has taken up with her beautifully. She follows Mom everywhere. She lays in her lap. She sleeps next to her. And Mom's already calling her a "joy" to be around, which is a big relief given that she just lost her cat of 18 years.
  • I'm excited about tonight. I'm going to see my first ever professional tennis match(es). It's an exhibition that Andy Roddick is throwing here in Omaha, since he was born here. I'm hoping to get decent pictures, but my camera probably won't allow that to happen. It's old and not really very good for taking action shots.
  • I spent one full day cleaning my office this week. Yes, it required a full day. That tells you how many stacks I needed to sort through. I reduced it to one small stack. The rest either got filed or pitched. That was a good feeling.
  • I finished reading Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon this week. I didn't find it to be quite as endearing as the Mitford series, but I still enjoyed it. And I'll read all of the books in this series as they are released.
  • If you are a baseball fan, then you probably spent some time pouring over The Mitchell Report yesterday--the report that named names in the steroids scandal. It was a sad day for baseball and the spin doctors are already at work. I just hope that the report is the vehicle that prompts players to think beyond themselves. The past 15 years are already labeled as the "Steroids Era." Let's hope that the next 15 years is referred to as the "Clean Era."

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...