I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Tidbits

I haven't received one free 2008 calendar yet. Come on insurance companies and banks! I don't want to spend $12.99 for a new calendar when I know you have stacks of them you are giving away. [Note to spammers: No, this is not an open invitation to add me to your mailing lists. But I will take a free calendar if you have one.]

For those who are wondering, I did complete my Christmas shopping--all in one night. I did it last Friday night when nearly every other man did it. I went to a huge electronics store and it was crowded beyond belief. I didn't experience any hostility, which was nice, and the store seemed prepared because in spite of the place being jammed to the rafters, the checkout lines were only two or three deep.

Are you as drawn to all of these end of the year top 10 ten lists as I am? I think I like them because it helps me to remember everything that happened this year. Life can be so fast that it's easy to forget things you really want to remember. If you are into such things, Time magazine has a ton of 2007 top ten lists you can browse.

I didn't have a chance to tell you how much fun I had a couple of Fridays ago when Andy Roddick put on a tennis exhibition here in Omaha. He hit booming serves (topping out at 151 mph), good clean ground strokes, and he took plenty of time to interact with the crowd during his two-set match against Sam Querry. Roddick won. It was the first time I've seen a professional match, and maybe the last, so I'm glad I went.

Have a great weekend!

UPDATE @ 10:07 AM: Wow, that didn't take long. I got my oil changed this morning and they were handing out free calendars!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...