I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Slugger’s Wife

Netflix is one of the greatest services of our time. Well, that’s a smidge overstated, but to offer nearly every movie in existence at the press of a button for one low monthly price is a cool thing.

But don’t let that fool you.

A couple of weeks ago, The Slugger’s Wife kept popping up as I was perusing new movies to add to my queue. They even gave the movie a 3.7 out of five stars as their “best guess” for me based on the ratings I’ve given to previous movies I’ve rented from them.

Besides, the movie is from the 80s, it’s a chick flick, and it’s about baseball. How could I go wrong?

I watched it last night and it wasn’t good. Not even close. I didn’t mind the fact that it was dated by the music, setting, styles, etc. I actually enjoy a trip back in time. But the plot was awful. Have you ever seen the movie?

It’s about a baseball player who can only perform well on the field when he has the complete attention of his wife. And  he’s one of those guys who demands attention. When he doesn’t get it, he breaks things. So, basically he’s a five-year-old in an adult body.

Hard to watch.

So, I’ve learned my lesson Netflix. I’ll be much more selective in the future when you tempt me to watch I’ve never heard of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...