I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Free-for-All

--I had to get a new battery for my car this week, which wasn't so bad, expect that I had to also replace my printer. Well, actually I replaced my printer a few weeks ago with one of those $20.00 jobbies hoping it would see me through for a while, but it does such a horrible job, that I had to get another, better printer.

--I finally finished reading Lay of the Land by Richard Ford and I'm half way through The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Sparks doesn't break any new ground with this book, but to be honest, I'm kind of glad he doesn't. I know that when I pick up one of his novels I'm going to read about two people in North Carolina who fall in love and that one of them is always going to be faced with a difficult choice.

--I'm hoping to get my Christmas tree up this coming weekend. I always say I want to get it up before Thanksgiving, but I rarely do. I always figure that you might as well enjoy it for as long as possible because the Christmas season comes and goes so quickly each year. For the record, I will not be one of those people who is out Christmas shopping next Friday.

--Watched the movie The Good German this week with a friend. The movie is set in Berlin shortly after WWII. It depicted mostly cold characters who were only looking out for themselves--which may be an accurate portrayal of the way things were, but I had a difficult time getting into the movie because I really didn't have anyone to cheer for. Maybe I should have just enjoyed it for its historical content. I don't know.

--Watched Reign Over Me last weekend with another friend. It's about a man named Charlie who reverts back to his teen years after losing his wife and three girls in the 9/11 attacks. Adam Sandler plays Charlie and in my opinion he does a great job in such a serious role, but the movie has some rather odd moments--including Charlie's best friend being sexually harassed by a woman and she ends up playing a major role in the film later. The movie just felt out of balance to me.

--Two signs that I'm getting older: First, I fell asleep this week during a movie. I hardly ever do that. Second, I left my keys in the lock in the front door yesterday and they were there for several hours. And it's not the first time I've done that.

--I called 911 the other night. I was exiting the interstate by my home when I saw a car turn onto the exit ramp and toward the flow of traffic. Yikes! I have no idea what happened after that, but I'm hoping nobody got hurt (including the driver).

--The final NASCAR race of 2007 happens this weekend. I'll be glued to my television to see who wins the Nextel Cup and in hopes that maybe I'll finally get to see my favorite driver, Mark Martin, win a race.

Have a great weekend everybody.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...