I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Tidbits

I've been doing a Friday Free-for-All for a while now and I'm enjoying it. Thought it might be time to revamp the name though and simply call it tidbits.

  • The Omaha area had our first snow of the year on Wednesday. It was beautiful. I stood at the window with a cup of coffee in my hand before work just watching the snow dance it's way down to earth. I'm sure at some point this winter I'll say, "enough already" but it's going to take a lot of snow for that to happen.
  • I'm off to my cabin exertion this weekend with three guy friends. We are planning to get together this afternoon to do a little shopping for the trip. Even the shopping trip should be interesting since we're all so different. But I'm really looking forward to some downtime. It's been a while since I've had any. I won't be back until Monday afternoon, so I probably won't be posting again until Tuesday.
  • Have you seen the previews for August Rush yet? I can't wait to see it! I know, I know. The critics are saying it's unrealistic, far-fetched, syrupy, and "too silly for adults to take seriously." They probably said the same things about Serendipity and it's one of my favorite movies of all-time. I know a guy who went to see a sneak preview of August Rush with his wife, and he's giving it rave reviews. Check it out.
  • A few days ago, I used the word "hamster" in a conversation when I meant to say "hamper." I said, "Wasn't this my grandma's hamster?" How funny is that? Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.
  • I've never seen a professional tennis match, but now I have a chance. On December 14, Andy Roddick is going to play Sam Querrey and Serena Williams is going to play Ashley Harkleroad in exhibition play in Omaha. Roddick was born in Omaha and he's never played a professional match here, so he wanted to make it happen. I so need to go see this event.
  • Today is black Friday and if it's your thing, I can absolutely guarantee that I won't be in your way. Except for a brief run to the grocery store, you couldn't pay me to fight the crowds.

Have a great weekend everybody. See you Tuesday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...