I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Renting a Cabin, Part 2

Almost a year ago, I told you that several of my guy friends and I were kicking the idea around of renting a cabin on a lake about 30 miles from Omaha (the city we live in). Little did we know that cabins are booked up for many months in advance. But we finally found an open date and are planning our excursion this coming weekend.

As I said before, these particular cabins aren't really cabins. They have heat, four bedrooms, nice kitchens, living rooms that are nicer than the one in my own house, and indoor plumbing (an absolute must!). So, we're beginning to plot and plan for our time away. We're already committed to bringing a DVD player, a couple of movies, some board games, and lots of food and drink.

I suggested to one of the guys last night that maybe we could watch a good chick-flick or two and then each of us could read a copy of our favorite poem to the group. My suggestion was a joke since this guy doesn't really read and he despises chick-flicks, but I'm not sure if he realized I was joking.

"And then why don't we put on a dress?" was his response.

I burst out laughing, feeling like I was getting a small taste of what's to come this weekend. So, I'm guessing that we'll grill some burgers and steaks. Then we'll settle down to watch a movie in which everything in sight gets blown up. Then we'll transition to a board game. And by then, at least one of us will be nodding off. And that'll be the end of the night.

Unless you count the incessant snoring that is sure to penetrate the bedroom walls. In which case, somebody will probably attempt to stop the snoring (and if I had to guess, I'll be the one they will be trying to stop), but it won't work and it'll be the topic of conversation at breakfast the next morning--which I'm hoping consists of more than Pop-tarts.

But all in all, it'll be a great weekend, and I'm already excited about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...