I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nanowrimo

Nanowrimo is almost here again. Every November, budding novelists sign up for National Novel Write Month (or Nanowrimo) hoping to write 50,000 words before the month is over. People register at the Nanowrimo website, and then update their word count every time they write. I signed up last year and didn't come anywhere near hitting 50,000 words. Too many other deadlines got in the way.

I signed up again this year even though I have even lower expectations than I had last year. Certainly doesn't hurt to sign up though. My problem is, it's hard to focus on fiction when nonfiction pays the bills. But baseball season is over (except for the World Series), so maybe I can find some time at night to work on my novel. I've had an idea for a novel in my head for over a year and I haven't spent much time working on it.

The novel I want to write will be around 80,000 words, but even if I could write 25,000 (about 1,000 words a day) in November, I'd be thrilled because I'd be about a third of the way done. So, that's my goal. We'll see if I can do it.

How about you? Have you been wanting to write a novel for a long time, but just haven't made the time to do it? Now might be the perfect time to give it a shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...