I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Tidbits

The week didn't start out the way I had planned. I woke up on Monday morning to the hacking sounds of Midnight, by beloved soon-to-be 18 year old cat. She lays on me at night and before I could get her off of me, she coughed up a hairball. At least, there was a comforter between us so it shielded me from what could have been a rude awakening. Well, it was a rude awakening, but it could have been worse.

Now that I'm listening for funny one-liners by sports announcers I'm hearing all sorts of them. Heard one this week from a baseball announcer who said, "That was a Linda Ronstadt fastball--Blue Bayou." You probably have to be a baseball fan to get it.

I had to have my car towed to the dealership again this week. Appears that the car is on its last wheels. The mechanic said he's only got one thing he can try and if it doesn't work, it's time to get another car. I'm grateful that he's being honest, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of car-shopping again. Maybe it won't come to that.

The last time I had a car die on me (as in I needed to get a new car), my laptop at the time died one day prior to my car. Ironically, I've been seeing signs of old age in my current laptop and I can just see it dying when my car does again. What are the chances? But I think I figured out one of the problems with my laptop. My 60 GB hard-drive only had 1 GB of space left, so I cleaned out a bunch of old files and freed up nearly 10 GB, so it seems to be running smoother.

Next week is another week and it'll come with its own challenges. Thankfully, this week's challenges are nearly in the past.

Have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...