I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Old Dictionaries

I was in the car yesterday with one of my sister's and her daughter when my niece told me that she needed me to look up a couple of words for her when I got home because her dictionary didn't have the words in it and she needed the definitions for her homework. That led to a conversation about dictionaries (I use electronic dictionaries now) and for some reason, an old memory popped into my head.

In grade school, I used an old thumb indexed concise dictionary that was spiral bound. I described it and my sister said she had it! She told me that I had written my initials on every page, and I sort of remember doing that, but I have no idea why. When we got back to my sister's house, she gave me the dictionary and it was like getting a little piece of history back. Here's a picture of the cover (and it's exactly the way I remember it!):

Here's a picture of a couple of the pages I initialed:

And you want to hear something funny? Both words my niece needed to look up where in that old dictionary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...